WELCOME TO THE FANBOY NATION!

This is the spot for commentary on comics and anything else I find enetertaining...or random.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Can't believe I'm Loving... AQUAMAN?!

Greetings Fanboy Nation!

I have been a avid comic book reader since I was six years old (I'm now too old to state here), and I do believe that this is the first time that I have been clamoring to read more DC comics than MARVEL comics.  The relaunch of the 52 titles has been a win.  Some of my faves, to name a few, are: Red Lanterns, JLA, Animal Man (!?), Batwing and (get ready for this one)...AQUAMAN?! 

Aquaman 1&2

Yeah, Geoff Johns put his big toe into this book.


"say whaaaat?!"


 Aquaman is a perfect example of great writing breathing life into otherwise dull concepts.  While I love great art, if the story is wack, it makes for a terrible read (see X-men:Schism and Fear Itself for example).  That's not a knock on Marvel as a whole by no means, but, I expected better for such high profile story lines. 



Anyhoo...Aquaman is the goods, do yourself a favor  and check it out.

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @b_skillz

No comments: